Sunday, November 2, 2014

Profile 2: Match.com

Screenname: Stopmakingsenses

Relationship:
Never Married
Have kids:
No
Wants kids:
Definitely
Ethnicity:
Native American
Body type:
Athletic and toned
Height:
5'2" (157cms)
Faith:
Other
Smoke:
No Way
Drink:
Social Drinker
I'm looking for someone extraordinary.

In her own words

About me? well.... I think I look better with absolutely nothing on-- this includes makeup and clothes-- although I have been known to rock a stitch or two in my time. I love and read with reckless abandon. I prefer to spend my time pursuing interests that don't include looking in a mirror, worrying about money, and racking up "all the things." Instead, to spend time, I prefer to finish my PHD (a never ending process it seems), writing, teaching, planting, relishing time with a lover, telling terrible jokes, riding roller coasters, cooking food on a grill, and finishing the NYT crossword. I am a dancer and a dreamer; in love with food and pleasure and problem solving. With a youtube video and the right tools, I feel like I can do mostly anything but I still like a man around to kill bugs, open doors and jars, stir my heart (at least once a day preferably)-- you know, the southern gentleman. I love words. I love dogs and cats (Bacon, in particular). Musically, I like The Talking Heads, Kishi Bashi, Iron and Wine, Bill Withers, old Patsy Cline. For movies? The Vanishing, Big Trouble in Little China, Finding Nemo, Hero, and really anything thing between Clue and Clueless. I recently watched Flash Gordon for the first time and am a bit smitten by the really bad 'good' movies-- next on the list, "The Room." TV? Not often, but when I do, I watch Futurama, The daily show, Southpark, Masterpiece, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who... I don't really watch reality tv-- can't stand it.
I'm sure you're wondering what a girl like me is doing in a place like this? I'll tell ya, it's because, I'm certain that someone I can fall for is out there, and even with luck, maybe they'll fall for me too....but I'm more certain that there are plenty-o-folks who could make me miserable, or vice versa, and frak, they are out there. This is likely due to the usual suspects; fear, power, depression, wounded-ness, and a general mis-understanding of one's own needs and desires; (sorry, I've been a witness to too many divorces as late :( ) . So, I'm taking my own-- damn--sweet----time finding love and using all of my available resources. I have my faults-- I am perhaps more like dog--than like cat (I am fiercely loyal and sweet to my people)... and I have my share of "things" I think about. but you know, I think, if you've made it this far without "things" to think about, things to challenge you, and you say things are going "swimmingly and you've got all your $#!& together" then I think you're either lying, boring, or you're probably doing it wrong. I'm looking for a man who is in many ways, like myself: greater than 2 standard deviations away from the mean (in the good way). I think this site is best suited for dating, getting to know people, and expanding one's interpersonal horizons. So, let's kill the pressure to "find the one" and "stop wasting time," after all, a date is just a date. Instead, let's waste some time, get to know each other, and take it from there. So, that said, if you have a valid passport, you like creative and intellectual challenges, and you describe yourself as "extraordinary," we should talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home